Where did you grow up: Wappingers Falls, NY
What do you call:
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach.
12. Shoes worn for sports.
sneakers. Usually shortened to "sneaks."
13. Putting a room in order.
clean up/straighten up
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark.
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball.
isn't that a potato bug?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
17. How do you eat your pizza?
I eat the crust first, then about a one-inch row on the fat end, and then I reward myself with the pointy triangle bite. This is not a regional thing, it is a Liz thing.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
19. What's the evening meal?
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?